I've done it. I've written, edited, formatted and published my first novel. It's exciting and utterly terrifying.Now I know why people write and don't publish. Writing is fun. Publishing is risk taking. Along the way I have learned many, many things. Many! In life the Lincoln Special was a steam train that took President-elect Abraham Lincoln from Springfield Illinois to Washington DC, taking a looping tour up through the Northeast before turning south. The trip took 10 days.My Lincoln Special took 3 years.
Things I learned:
1. Reading novels is good preparation for writing novels. Reading books about writing novels is even better.
2. Writing is the easy part. Learning all the technical stuff (web page construction, formatting, author pages, etc) was the hard part.
3. Those cute little section dividers in nicely formatted books are called Dingbats--how fun is that?. The swirly things on chapter title pages are called Printers Ornaments.
4. E-books are easier to produce than print books.WAY easier!
5. Even a professional writer and editor has trouble getting her manuscript perfect.If you'd like to beta read one of the next novels send me an email.
6. That was REALLY fun and I want to do it again. And again. (and I will-- Book 2 in the Kate Warne series is due out in Sept.)
Anyway, enough about me. Now I need your help. If you read my book and find a typo, could you email me at email@example.com? If you read my book could you leave me a review on Amazon or Good Reads? Reviews really help sell books and as a new author and publisher I need all the help you can spare.
The book is available exclusively through Amazon. The ebook is available at the Amazon web page and through any Kindle reader or Kindle phone or computer app. The print edition will show on the Amazon page VERY shortly. Until then it available at the Createspace store. There's buttons for both places on the front page of my website: www.peglamphier.com
If you enjoy the LS you'll be happy to know I've got 3 more in various states of preparedness. They are The Great Show, Rebel Belles & The Iron Widow. I'm also working on a steampunk/monster novel I'm calling The Perils of Petronella. It features the monster hunters Emma the Vampire, Sierra the Fae Unicorn and Therese, the Romany Spirit Medium. If those names sound familiar you know they are my daughter and her Lytle Creek friends. In short, my 3 best girls.
Right now I'm under contract for a book about an Italian Civil War cavalry colonel named Louis Palma di Cesnola. Between writing Louis and trying to get the book formatted perfectly I went Social-Media-Dark for awhile. Thanks for your patience.
Remember to spread the love. The world's a lovely place if you just turn off the television and look around. Kisses.